Look and Feel Your Best This Summer
May 25, 2016 04:33AM
● By Family Features
(Family Features) Spring is upon us, and with the warmer weather it’s time to step up your beauty routine.
After months of being crammed in closed-toe shoes, it could be time to give your feet a little extra love. Or perhaps it’s time to lighten up your locks, update your wardrobe or give your skin a little more color. Beyond how these little things make you look on the outside, they also make you feel great on the inside.
Give your skin the perfect glow
Tanning is no longer about getting as dark as possible, it’s about finding the color that’s right for you and that makes you feel more confident – be it a wedding or a day at the beach. The professionals at Palm Beach Tan, the nation’s largest indoor tanning provider, are experts at helping you find the perfect shade.
Spray tanning has come a long way in the past decade – no more streaking or orange tint. It’s easy to get that perfect shade in just a visit or two and with a few simple tips and tricks, you can extend the life of your spray tan to maximize results.
The first steps in getting the perfect sunless tan happen before you even get to the tanning salon:
- Shower, shave and exfoliate your skin to remove excess skin cells.
- Avoid using moisturizers and lotions that are not specially formulated for sunless tanning before your session.
- Avoid wearing perfumes or makeup.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session.
Once you’ve left the salon, you can expect your sunless tan to last anywhere from three to seven days. Protect your glow and extend the life of your tan by:
- Waiting until your tan has fully developed (at least four hours) before bathing, swimming or engaging in activities that cause you to sweat heavily.
- Moisturizing daily with a post-sunless lotion.
You can give your body some extra attention through a wide variety of feel-good activities. Take advantage of these ideas to pamper yourself before flip flop weather rolls around:
- Relax with a massage. No matter if it’s 10 minutes or an all-day treatment, massages are incredibly relaxing and can help improve blood circulation – reducing pain and helping your body distribute heat.
- Restore your nails. Not only can getting a manicure and pedicure make your nails look great, but they’re a great way to relax and offer health benefits such as skin exfoliation callous removal and fungal infection prevention.
- Recharge your hairdo. Getting your hair done can help you get a great new seasonal look and build confidence – not to mention repair damage such as split ends, heat damage from blow dryers or curling irons or use of the wrong products in your hair.
- Refresh your wardrobe. Part of pampering yourself is wrapping your body in comfortable, attractive clothing. Go on a shopping spree to update your closet, or at least buy a new outfit for an upcoming event.
Making a spray tan a part of your spring beauty routine will help get you ready for summer not only with a healthy glow, but with more confidence. For more information, visit PalmBeachTan.com.