Cabarrus Regional Chamber Announces 2018 Leadership Cabarrus Class
Aug 30, 2017 06:08PM
● Published by Melanie Heisinger
Leadership Cabarrus. Courtesy of the Cabarrus Regional Chamber of Commerce website.
The Cabarrus Regional Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce the 24 participants in the 2018 Class of Leadership Cabarrus. The civic leadership program, sponsored by Duke Energy, is designed for experienced business and community leaders to educate and enhance the awareness of the assets, resources and needs within the Cabarrus County region.
Through a series of monthly class days from September through May, members are introduced to and examine how leadershipin the historical, geographical, educational, economic, governmental and cultural segments work together to perpetuate and advance Cabarrus County and its citizens. Additionally, the class works together to produce a legacy service project that benefits thecommunity.
“Leadership Cabarrus is a pillar of our Chamber, and we couldn’t be prouder of the program, the wonderful volunteers thepilot the steering committee and the class participants,” said Barbi Jones, Cabarrus Regional Chamber Executive Director. “Our graduates are always amazed at the depth of community knowledge they amass, along with professional and personal connections.”
Duke Energy is the title sponsor for Leadership Cabarrus. “Duke is proud of the communities we serve, and we are happyto invest in the Cabarrus Regional Chamber and this meaningful program that develops our communities’ and businesses’ future leaders,” said Randy Welch, Duke Energy District Manager, Government & Community Relations.
The Leadership Cabarrus Class of 2018 participants are:
- Marcella Beam, Healthy Cabarrus Executive Director, Cabarrus Health Alliance
- Haynes Brigman, Town Manager, Town of Harrisburg
- White Brown, Director of Finance, Cannon School
- Kelly Burgess, Assistant Superintendent, Kannapolis City Schools
- Ryan Emery, Real Estate Agent, TEAM HONEYCUTT – Allen Tate Realtors
- Susan Fearrington, Finance Director, Cabarrus County Government
- Zac Gordon, Planning Director, City of Kannapolis
- Todd Hendley, Owner/Manager, Speedmax Car Wash
- Amber Herlocker, Communications Manager, Town of Harrisburg
- Glenda Jones, Assistant Superintendent, Cabarrus County Schools
- Heather Kincel, Development Director – Events, Marketing and PR, NorthEast Foundation
- Kristin Klinglesmith, Program Coordinator, Cabarrus Health Alliance
- Jeanne Madorin, Executive Director – Human Resources, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Hanif Miller, Work-Based Learning Internship Director, Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
- Mallory Morris, Deputy Director of Constituent Services, Office of US Congressman Richard Hudson
- Lisa Perry, Owner, Perry Productions
- Don Post, Director, Business Operations, Skookum, Inc.
- Brent Rowland, Sergeant, City of Kannapolis Police
- Dustin Shoe, Principal, Cabarrus County Schools
- Shanell Smaw, Resource Development Director, Habitat Cabarrus
- Michael Waddell, Business Development, Propst Brothers
- Mark Whitley, Assistant Vice President – Investments, Wells Fargo
- Andy Yoos, Risk Manager, City of Kannapolis
Leadership Cabarrus will kick off the year with a team-building retreat later this month, and then their monthly meetingswill begin in September.
The program is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year and has over 400 alumni since its inception.