22 North Carolina Potters Featured in The Galleries at The Cabarrus Art Council
Oct 27, 2017 01:25PM
Helianthus Dinnerset by Kate Johnston
The exhibition is also an opportunity to encourage visitors to purchase handmade, local, and original pieces throughout the gift giving season.
- Art Lab – Kids 8+ will learn the forms and styles used by potters and tour the Clay exhibition, Wednesdays, Nov. 15 and Dec. 13 at 10 AM. $5. Visit www.cabarrusartscouncil.org to register.
- Art Walk and Opening Reception for Clay – Tour the exhibition at your own pace during the opening reception of Clay and stroll through downtown Concord as dozens of artists sell their works during Art Walk, Friday, November 17, from 6-9 PM.
- Sip & Shop – Thursday, Nov. 30, 9 AM – 9 PM; Join the festivities during this 12-hour shopping event in The Galleries. Hot apple cider will be served until 5 PM, and then a selection of wines during the evening.
- A Closer Look – Thursday, Nov. 30 at 7 PM; Amy Sanders and Jennifer Mecca from the exhibition will offer discussions and demonstrations.
- Cookies with Santa – Who needs to wait for the mall Santa when we have the real one here? December 6, 3-5 PM inside The Galleries. Bring your camera for this free event.
- Art on Tap: Craft Beer & Clay – Friday, January 26 at 7 PM; Young adults have the opportunity to sample a selection of craft beers from Red Hill Brewery while working and kneading clay during this creative event led by potter Eck McCanless.
- Family Day – Saturday, Jan. 27, 11 AM - 2 PM Activities centered around our Clay exhibition will charm the children in this Family Day event, which also includes a performance by Opera Carolina.