Appetizers for Easy Entertaining
Nov 20, 2017 03:31AM
● By Family Features
When it comes time to entertain family and friends, it’s important to have a few simple, warm appetizers and small plates at the ready. Plan your menu with recipes that can be prepped ahead of time and popped in the oven when guests arrive. It can make hosting easier and more enjoyable.
A versatile ingredient that can enhance your favorite sweet and savory recipes, Musselman’s Apple Butter is more than just a spread. It’s made the old-fashioned way for perfect texture and a rich apple-cinnamon flavor, giving parties and get-togethers a unique taste in recipes like these Apple Brie Bites and Apple Butter Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp.
Find more appetizers ideal for entertaining at musselmans.com.
Apple Butter Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
- 3/4 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 10 pieces bacon
- 10 extra-large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium-sized skillet over medium heat, add apple butter, maple syrup, red pepper flakes, salt and paprika. Whisk until mixture is thick and cooked down by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add bacon slices and cook until browned but still flexible. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel-lined plate.
- Wrap one bacon slice around each shrimp, secure with toothpick and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Once all shrimp have been wrapped, baste tops with apple butter mixture.
- Bake 5 minutes then flip and baste other side of shrimp. Bake another 5 minutes. Continue to flip and baste shrimp (2 minutes each time) until shrimp is fully cooked. Do not overcook as glaze can burn. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Apple Brie Bites
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 5 ounces Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 400° F. Grease mini muffin pan.
- Press seams of puff pastry sheet together. Cut sheet into quarters then each quarter into six pieces.
- Use rolling pin to flatten each piece of pastry into square shape. Place one square into each muffin cup.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon brie, 1 teaspoon apple butter and 1/2 teaspoon chopped pecans into each muffin cup.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.