The Farm is located on 180 acres of land in Mecklenburg County. It is family owned and operated. The farm is listed on the National and State Historic Registries. It was previously used as a dairy farm, and has now been turned into an equestrian center.
The Hodges House, built about 1908, is the centerpiece of a large complex of agricultural buildings and structures, including four contributing buildings, five contributing structures, seven noncontributing buildings and three noncontributing structures.
Among the contributing resources is the farmland. This land includes about 120 acres of pasture, bordered by woods, to the east and south of the farmyard. Cropland stands to the west, southwest, and north, across the road, and constitutes about 65 acres. This surrounding farmland has survived in unusually pristine condition.