Hidden Treasure Novels
"Neverborn" By Jackson Badgenoone
Discover Your Hidden Treasures!
Hidden Treasure Novels plans to publish a range of novels, novellas and short stories. It began with Next Generation Indie Book Awards 2016 Finalist Award winning novel for general fiction, "The Hidden Treasure of Dutch Buffalo Creek" by Jackson Badgenoone, (pronounced Badge-no-one). That story begins to unfold in current day Cabarrus County, North Carolina. In the year 2014, an aging man, named James, thinks that he finds gold in the Dutch Buffalo Creek bed. Instead, he discovers a bayonet that was buried by a Hessian soldier named Frederick, who had deserted the British cause during the War for American Independence. The blade had been covered by water and mud for over two-hundred years.
The story morphs into the translucent memoirs of ten souls, beginning with Frederick. The other nine include James and Frederick's distant relatives, who emerged in the twentieth century. Each of them helps James to consider another kind of treasure. Ultimately, his grandchildren bring the search to a measure of closure.
Print and eBook versions are available at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble and a number of retail outlets. An audiobook version became available on May 1, 2018 at Amazon. Other audiobook platforms will be released during the year.
The sequel novella titled "NEVERBORN" was published in April, 2018 and is now available at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble and a number of retail book outlets. The book is available in print and eBook.The story reveals loss and recovery experienced by a modern day female job.
A short story titled "The Cranny" was published and available through Amazon.com in May, 2018. Also on Amazon, a second short story, "the Monarch and the Moth" was added to the imprint in October 2018.
- Shop on Amazon.com
- Book Signing at Kaleidoscope Cultural Arts Festival on Sept 26, 2015
- Book Signing at White Owl Antiques Mall, Mt. Pleasant, Sat.Dec.5, 11AM-3PM
- Book Signing at Sportscenter, Concord, Monday Dec.7, 6PM-8PM
- Book Signing at Marvin's Fresh Farmhouse Restaurant, Mount Pleasant, Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 4pm
- Book Reading at the Eastern Cabarrus Historical. Society Museum, Sunday May 22, 2016 at 2PM
- Book Signing at B&D Book Store, Albemarble / Saturday August 20, 2016 at 2PM-4PM
- Audiobook of The Hidden Treasure of Dutch Buffalo Creek
The Hidden Treasure of Dutch Buffalo Creek was an engaging read from start to finish. The plot construction is inventive. The characters seem all too real. The search for treasure leads to wealth not measured by silver or gold. I can see why the book won a Next Generation Award.