3 Quick & Easy Summer RecipesJun 01, 2016 03:30PM ● By Melanie Heisinger
White Asparagus Bread Salad with Hollandaise. Photo Courtesy of the Rachel Ray Website.
Summer Corn and Tomato Pasta
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn, raise the heat slightly and cook until the corn is heated through and golden, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Add the vegetables, butter and basil to the pasta and toss.
Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken Breasts
- extra-virgin olive oil 1/4 cup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 4 pounds)
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored and cut into 8 thick rings
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the honey, hot pepper sauce and chili powder and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and set aside.
- Preheat a grill or large grill pan to medium-high. Rub the chicken with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt. Grill until well marked, about 7 minutes. Flip and cook until the bottoms are well marked and the chicken is cooked through, another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and brush with the reserved honey glaze. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the pineapple until well marked on one side, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve with the chicken.
White Asparagus Bread Salad with Hollandaise
- focaccia, cubed 1/2 pound
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 pounds white asparagus, trimmed
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 1 package (5 oz.) spring salad mix
- Spread bread cubes and pine nuts on baking sheet; toast in 350 degrees oven until golden, 7 minutes. In pot of boiling, salted water, blanch asparagus for 2 minutes; transfer to ice water bath. Slice into 2-inch pieces. In blender, pulse shallot, dill, yolks, vinegar, mustard and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper until combined. With machine on medium, drizzle in EVOO. In bowl, toss asparagus, bread and pine nuts with 1/2 cup dressing. Toss in greens.
What's your favorite summertime recipe? Tell us about it by contacting us.
All content and photos courtesy of the Rachel Ray Website.